400 Baloch militants surrender in Quetta on Independence Day
The ceremony was held at Quetta Police Line which was attended by Commander Southern Command, Lt-Gen. Muhammad Nasser Khan Janjua, Home Minister Balochistan, Mir Sarfaraz Bugti, Provincial Minister for Irrigation, Nawab Jangez Marri, Home Secretary, Cap (r) Akbar Hussain Durrani, Inspector General Police Balochistan, Aamlish Khan and senior military and civil officials and tribal elders.
The separatists put their weapons one by one at a table decorated with Pakistan National Flag and each of them received Pakistan National Flag and flowers from the children standing there.
The separatists surrendered expressed their emotions and feelings. They pretended for fighting for a false and baseless cause.
They vowed that they would never fight against the state. "We will remain peaceful and loyal to Pakistan and will live rest of the life as a Pakistani national," they said.
Addressing the ceremony, Commander Southern Command, Lt Gen. Muhammad Nasser Khan Janjua said that militants should join mainstream for the bright future of people of Pakistan. "All militants should have to leave their fight against the state in order to join mainstream as progress and prosperity of Balochistan and development of their people links with the restoration of peace," he said.
He said that the militants who surrendered on the occasion of Independence Day showed a great wisdom. "Now Balochistan is going to become a peaceful and economically thriving province of the country," he said. He said that the militants surrendered followed a positive thought.
Home Minister, Mir Sarfaraz Bugti said that terrorists would not be allowed to damage the peace of Balochistan. "The militants have been given chance to surrender to live a peaceful life," he said, adding that he forgave those who even killed his beloved ones. He said that Baloch people love Pakistan and they are loyal and patriot Pakistanis.
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022