NA committee summons NAB chief over hefty payment to Broadsheet
ISLAMABAD – A standing committee of the National Assembly has summoned National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Chairman Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal over a matter related to payment of millions of dollars to Broadsheet LLC, a UK-based law firm.
The NA Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs has asked the head of the anti-graft buster on January 18 (Monday) after taking notice of payment of more than $28.706 million (Rs4.59 billion) to the UK company.
It emerged earlier this month that Pakistan paid more than $28.706 million (Rs4.59 billion) the British assets recovery company after the London High Court found the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) guilty of breaching a contract.
The hefty amount was transferred from the Pakistan High Commission (PHC) on behalf of NAB to Broadsheet LLC after a long litigation. The firm was hired around 17 years ago to detect alleged foreign assets of dozens of Pakistanis which it failed to trace any, Geo News reported.
Pakistan pays $28 million after NAB loses case in ... 09:59 AM | 1 Jan, 2021
LONDON – Pakistan has paid more than $28.706 million (Rs4.59 billion) to a British assets recovery company after ...
On December 17, the London High Court’s Financial Division had directed Pakistan to ensure payment of the amount to the NAB’s former client Broadsheet by 30th.
The Pakistani anti-graft buster had hired Broadsheet during former president Pervez Musharraf’s government in 2003 to trace assets in the UK and USA of more than 200 Pakistanis Benazir Bhutto, Asif Ali Zardari and Nawaz Sharif.
The British firm had moved the court against NAB after the anti-graft watchdog broke its contract in violation of the terms and conditions.
The media outlet citing sources said that Pakistan has left no option except complying with the orders as it has exhausted all legal options. The lawyer representing Pakistan had also advised against challenging the verdict.
NAB files reference against Deputy Chairman ... 08:14 PM | 13 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Wednesday filed a corruption reference against Senate ...
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 07 July 202208:13 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Asad Zaman makes into Punjab Junior Tennis quarterfinals10:20 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- DG ISPR, Information minister review Pakistan's diamond jubilee ...09:54 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022