NA committee summons NAB chief over hefty payment to Broadsheet
ISLAMABAD – A standing committee of the National Assembly has summoned National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Chairman Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal over a matter related to payment of millions of dollars to Broadsheet LLC, a UK-based law firm.
The NA Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs has asked the head of the anti-graft buster on January 18 (Monday) after taking notice of payment of more than $28.706 million (Rs4.59 billion) to the UK company.
It emerged earlier this month that Pakistan paid more than $28.706 million (Rs4.59 billion) the British assets recovery company after the London High Court found the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) guilty of breaching a contract.
The hefty amount was transferred from the Pakistan High Commission (PHC) on behalf of NAB to Broadsheet LLC after a long litigation. The firm was hired around 17 years ago to detect alleged foreign assets of dozens of Pakistanis which it failed to trace any, Geo News reported.
Pakistan pays $28 million after NAB loses case in ... 09:59 AM | 1 Jan, 2021
LONDON – Pakistan has paid more than $28.706 million (Rs4.59 billion) to a British assets recovery company after ...
On December 17, the London High Court’s Financial Division had directed Pakistan to ensure payment of the amount to the NAB’s former client Broadsheet by 30th.
The Pakistani anti-graft buster had hired Broadsheet during former president Pervez Musharraf’s government in 2003 to trace assets in the UK and USA of more than 200 Pakistanis Benazir Bhutto, Asif Ali Zardari and Nawaz Sharif.
The British firm had moved the court against NAB after the anti-graft watchdog broke its contract in violation of the terms and conditions.
The media outlet citing sources said that Pakistan has left no option except complying with the orders as it has exhausted all legal options. The lawyer representing Pakistan had also advised against challenging the verdict.
NAB files reference against Deputy Chairman ... 08:14 PM | 13 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Wednesday filed a corruption reference against Senate ...
- Three-day sports festival kicks off in Khalti Frozan Lake today12:05 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran, singer Shehzad Roy share views on promotion of education12:00 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Shafqat Mehmood green-lights launch of Single National Curriculum ...11:38 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Woman declared dead in Pakistan comes back to life, gets up and walks ...11:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Lifebuoy Partners with PCB as Official Hygiene Partner for 202111:00 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021