Ogra denies recommending increase in Petrol price for this month
ISLAMABAD – The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) said Thursday it has not recommended increasing the price of petroleum products by Rs11.95 per litre for the second half of January.
No such summary has been sent for approval, an Ogra statement clarified.
It comes after several local media outlets reported that the Ogra has suggested an increase in the fuel prices from January 16 2021.
Reports said that the authority "also recommended increasing the diesel price by Rs9.57 per litre."
Earlier on December 30, the government had decided to raise the petrol price by Rs2.31 per litre across Pakistan after rejecting an Ogra summary recommending an increase of Rs10.68 per litre for petrol, Rs8.37 per litre for diesel, Rs10.92 per litre for kerosene oil, and Rs14.87 per litre for light diesel oil.
Pakistan increases petrol price by Rs2.31/litre ... 06:29 PM | 31 Dec, 2020
ISLAMABAD – The federal government has approved an increase of Rs2.31 per litre in petrol prices for first half ...
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022