Amazing: Footprints of 150 million year old dinosaur found in India
These carnivorous dinosaurs have been known to live in coastal environments and measured between 1-3 meters in height.
According to geologist Professor S C Mathur, the discovery of the footprints was a first in India.
Geologist and scientist Dr Virendra Singh Parihar said, "Morphologically, footprints of Eubrontes Gleneronsesis Theropod dinosaurs are large about 30 cm long, tridactyle, strong with thick toes. Based on the size of footprints the body is estimated to be 1-3m tall and 5-7m in length."
According to Prof. Mathur, the discovery can help to solve the mystery of the extinction of dinosaurs.
An in-depth survey of Kutch and Jaisalmer basins hints that after the major changes during early Jurassic Period the sea-level altered several times. Soil study also vindicates the same.
Eubrontes Theropod dinosaurs have earlier been found worldwide in France, Poland, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Australia and the USA.
- Supreme Court grants bail to MNA Ali Wazir01:35 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Lionel Messi wins Ballon d’Or 2021 to claim record seventh title01:00 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- IHC CJ directs Rana Shamim to submit written reply, original ...12:20 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:25 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021