Pakistani lawmakers to self-finance London trip for Inter-parliamentary Cricket World Cup
An official document issued by National Assembly Secretariat on Wednesday has directed the lawmakers to deposit funds with the captain of Pakistan Parliamentary Cricket team, Makhdoom Zain Hussain Qureshi.
The tournament is scheduled to be played from July 8-15 and social media users questioned the austerity drive of the sitting regime after 'misjudging' that lawmakers would be playing sports at taxpayers money, however, it has now been clarified that the politicians would be funding the trip from their own pockets.
The team comprises, Ali Nawaz Awan, Ali Amin Khan, Shehreyar Afridi, NA Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri, Governor KPK Shah Farman, Ali Zahid, besides others.
Prime Minister Imran Khan and Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser also happen to be the honourary members of Pakistan Parliamentary Cricket Team.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020