World media reacts to PM Imran's diplomatic gaffe at SCO summit
In a video shared on the official Twitter handle of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Khan is seen standing up briefly after realising that he was perhaps the only one seated. However, he then seated himself again before the others did.
Prime Minister of #Pakistan @ImranKhanPTI's Arrival with other World Leaders at Invitation of President of Kyrgyzstan for Opening Ceremony 19th Meeting of the Council of the Heads of State of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in Bishkek Kyrgyzstan (13.06.19)#SCOSummit2019 pic.twitter.com/fYdKYN3Fv7— PTI (@PTIofficial) June 13, 2019
The Pakistani premier has subsequently met with immense censure by the international media that is condemning this breach of protocol.
NDTV ran the news as “Watch: Days After Saudi Gaffe, Imran Khan's Blunder At Bishkek, whereas Times of India and Khaleej Times reported, "Pakistan PM Imran Khan breaks diplomatic protocol at SCO summit.”
PM Imran gives roadmap for enhanced SCO ... 04:01 PM | 14 Jun, 2019
BISHKEK – Prime Minister Imran Khan has urged the member states of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) to ...
- Pakistan jump to fourth place in ICC World Test Championship points ...04:46 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Former first lady leading 'malicious campaign' against state ...03:40 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Komal Meer treats fans with latest photoshoot01:07 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022