Usman Dar, other members released as PTI changes Sialkot rally venue
Latest anti-govt rally is part of the series of protests that PTI is staging against Khan’s ouster
SIALKOT – Several PTI workers including Usman Dar have been released after Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has changed the venue of its rally in Sialkot after the Christian community protested against the power show at a ground linked to a church.
Dar, a close aide of former PTI Chief, was detained following a scuffle between PTI workers and police at the venue of PTI chief Imran Khan’s public meeting as the former PM staged mammoth gatherings in different cities across Pakistan.
Senior party leader and PTI Punjab president Shafqat Mahmood said the rally will now be held at the VIP cricket ground.
Local administration earlier restricted PTI members from mounting structures in preparation for the rally at CTI ground, and cops also baton-charged party activists while tear gas was also used to quell resistance.
Law enforcers displaced the poles and barbed wires with the excavator's help while screens and stairs from the stage were also removed.
PTI Chief Imran Khan also reacted to the happenings. Taking to Twitter, former Pakistani PM said let there be no doubt, he would be going to Sialkot today.
The tweet reads “What imported government did in Sialkot against our leaders and workers is outrageous, but not unexpected. This bunch of criminals out on bail and their convict mafia boss in London have always used fascist tactics against opponents when they are in power.”
I will be going to Sialkot today, let there be no doubt. What Imported Govt did in Sialkot against our ldrship & workers is outrageous, but not unexpected. This bunch of criminals out on bail & their convict mafia boss in London have always used fascist tactics against opponents— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) May 14, 2022
Khan also added that “they use and abuse democracy when in opposition and totally destroy all democratic norms when in power, but the people had now risen against them”.
Usman Dar, other PTI leaders arrested ahead of ... 09:24 AM | 14 May, 2022
SIALKOT – Police have arrested a number of PTI leaders including Usman Dar for making arrangements at a ground in ...
Earlier in the day, a senior police official told media correspondents that the members of the local Christian community have raised objections against holding a rally at the ground, saying that it was their property.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 26 May 202208:30 AM | 26 May, 2022
- Azadi March concludes as Imran Khan gives six-day deadline to govt ...08:15 AM | 26 May, 2022
- IMF tells Pakistan to remove petroleum subsidies for revival of loan ...11:35 PM | 25 May, 2022
- All educational institutions to remain closed in Rawalpindi tomorrow09:28 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022