Motorway gang-rape case: LHC takes notice of prize money announced for Punjab police over Abid's arrest
LAHORE – The Lahore High Court (LHC) has taken strict notice of the prize money announced for police over motorway gang rape main suspect Abid Malhi’s arrest on Wednesday.
According to media details, during the hearing, LHC Chief Justice Muhammad Qasim Khan has remarked that if the police officers now perform their duties to get prizes, adding that the Punjab government has started a new custom.
Justice Qasim Khan said further that children are being raped while the culprits are moving freely and police was unable to arrest Abid Malhi. Is it not police’s duty to arrest the suspects?
LHC judge added that the court will not spare anybody involved in negligence.
It is pertinent to be mentioned here that Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar had announced prize money of five million rupees after the main suspect in the motorway gang-rape case, Abid Malhi was arrested.
- Solidarity with Kashmiris: Pakistan all set to observe 'Black Day' ...08:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive ...11:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- ‘Wedding celebrations’ — Video of Kashmala Tariq dancing to ...11:07 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to propose March 15 declared as Int’l Day against ...09:26 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Punjab decides to raise wheat support price to Rs160008:46 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020