FM Qureshi rubbishes Indian army chief's threatening statement
The Indian troops often resorted to unprovoked firing on the civilians at the Line of Control (LoC), while the Pakistan armed forces always showed responsibility and never targeted the civilian population on the other side, he said while talking to the media here at Manzoorabad.
The Pakistan Army even avoided to damage the civilian property at the LoC, he said.
Contrary to the past regimes, he said, the PTI government raised the Kashmir issue in an effective manner across the globe, which was now being discussed at almost all important international forums, including the US Congress, European Parliament,
British Parliament, Organization of Islamic Cooperation and Human Rights Council.
The minister said he highlighted grave human rights violations and atrocities being committed by Indian occupation forces in the held valley at the Human Rights Council's meeting in Geneva two days ago.
The Jammu and Kashmir, he said, was a disputed territory, where things were not normal. India had imposed curfew there and was not even allowing the people to perform their religious rituals, including Muharram processions, Eidul Azha and Friday prayers. The youth were being subjected to severe torture by the Indian forces, he added.
The foreign minister said Prime Minister Imran Khan in his address to the UN General Assembly on September 27 would present the Kashmiris case in an effective manner and also expose India's nefarious designs.
He thanked the local and international media for highlighting the Kashmir issue, especially human rights violations in Jammu and Kashmir. Kashmiris and Pakistanis were raising voice against the human rights violations by Indian army in the occupied valley, in almost all the world capitals, he added.
Referring to Friday's huge public meeting in Muzaffarabad, Qureshi said the whole world had observed the enthusiasm of the people of Azad Kashmir.
He said the RSS ideology had dominated the Modi government, which was working for the Hindutwa supremacy by ethnic cleansing of Muslims in the occupied Kashmir.
The Indian government wanted to convert the Muslim majority into a minority, he added.
To a question about Maulana Fazlur Rehman's march, Qureshi said the Maulana should better think of the sufferings of Kashmiris instead of doing personal politics.
The prime minister and his government were highlighting the gravity of Kashmir issue across the globe, he added. Qureshi also performed the ground breaking of sewerage schemes worth Rs 100 million in five union councils.
- PM Imran congratulates newly-elected Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi10:12 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 — Islamabad United and Multan Sultans to fight it out ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021