Gillette's new ad encourages users to end 'toxic masculinity' but receives backlash
Gillette's new ad urges men to hold each other to a higher standard and to step up when they see fellow men acting inappropriately towards women. The video has received intense criticism on social media with many men calling for a boycott of the brand.
The ad puts a responsibility on men to end bullying and sexism.
The commercial highlights all the different ways the mistreatment of women has been normalized over the years and what men can do to change social norms.
It also stresses that the excuse 'boys will be boys' will no longer be accepted in the wake of the #MeToo movement.
The ad truly brings out emotions in us that makes us think "AWW it could have been this way we wish"!
Well, the video has not gone down with some users who want to boycott the brand now.
Even a woman objected to the theme of the ad.
Users are feeling hurt and emotional over their favourite brand focusing on contributing their two cents in the betterment of society. They feel they are being put down by the brand but that is clearly not the case.
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- PIA launches direct flights to Baku07:42 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bilawal visits Hamza and Chaudhary Brothers in Lahore07:06 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021