Gillette's new ad encourages users to end 'toxic masculinity' but receives backlash
Gillette's new ad urges men to hold each other to a higher standard and to step up when they see fellow men acting inappropriately towards women. The video has received intense criticism on social media with many men calling for a boycott of the brand.
The ad puts a responsibility on men to end bullying and sexism.
The commercial highlights all the different ways the mistreatment of women has been normalized over the years and what men can do to change social norms.
It also stresses that the excuse 'boys will be boys' will no longer be accepted in the wake of the #MeToo movement.
The ad truly brings out emotions in us that makes us think "AWW it could have been this way we wish"!
Well, the video has not gone down with some users who want to boycott the brand now.
Even a woman objected to the theme of the ad.
Users are feeling hurt and emotional over their favourite brand focusing on contributing their two cents in the betterment of society. They feel they are being put down by the brand but that is clearly not the case.
- Pakistan’s Department of Explosive officers dismissed for ...06:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Rizwan stars as Pakistan trounce Zimbabwe in first T20I05:31 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- TLP chief Saad Hussain Rizvi still under arrest: Sheikh Rasheed05:27 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Junoon goes Inquilaab! PM Imran uses Bollywood reference to show ...05:06 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021