Rescue, relief operations continue in snow-rain hit areas
MUZAFFARABAD - Pakistan Army with the assistance of civil administration is engaged in the ongoing rescue and relief operation in glacier and landslide affected areas of Neelum Valley in Azad Kashmir.
According to media reports, food items, medicine, blankets and tents along with ration are being provided to the affected people through helicopter sorties.
Search to recover 12 missing people at Surgan Valley is also underway.
So far, 62 people have died while 60 injured have been admitted in different hospitals. People are also being rescued to safer places. Three helicopters have been engaged in relief activities.
Prime Minister AJK Raja Farooq Haider Khan has directed State Disaster Management Authority and other relevant departments to step up their efforts to shift them to safe areas and temporary shelters built for the weather affected people.
- PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities09:55 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ATC acquits 40 accused in Youhanabad lynching cases09:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Zameen.com ready to hold Karachi Expo on February 1 and 208:18 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019