'It's sad': Deepika speaks about ban on Mahira's 'Verna'
MUMBAI - Bollywood's star Deepika Padukone, whose upcoming film Padmavati has been in hot waters after being banned by the Indian censor board, has spoken in favour of the upcoming movie of Pakistan's Mahira Khan, which is also facing censorship troubles.
Speaking about the ban on Shoaib Mansoor's latest movie on sexual abuse, Deepika told Pinkvilla: "Yes, It’s sad that a small section of people don’t understand the power of cinema and what it can do to the world.
"It brings people together, it spreads love, it’s fascinating what cinema can do and it’s sad that a certain group of people choose to not recognise that.”
Verna is the story of a rape survivor's quest for justice.
About the ban on her own film Padmavati, the actress said: “It’s amusing actually sometimes when I look at it and I actually look at this as a moment for all of us to be celebrating this woman’s life. To celebrate everything she stood for, to celebrate everything that she believed in, to celebrate Rajput culture and heritage. This is a time for us to celebrate really.”
Deepika, who plays the title role in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati along with Ranvir Singh and Shahid Kapoor, says that “nothing can stop the release of this film”.
The movies of both these beauties, who have starred alongside 'King' Shahrukh Khan, are set to release this winter.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020