PTI wins Senate by-election for two vacant seats from Punjab
PTI’s Waleed Iqbal won the polls on the general seat while Seemi Aizdi seized reserved seat for women.
The polling was started at the Punjab Assembly Building from 9 am to 4 pm without any break.
The ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has fielded Waleed Iqbal, the grandson of Allama Iqbal for the general seat, against the PML-N’s Chaudhry Saud Majeed of Bahawalpur while PTI has fielded Seemi Aizdi, the sister of PTI’s stalwart Jehangir Tareen against former minister for health Saira Afzal Tarar is the candidate of PML-N for a reserved seat of woman.
There were a total of four independent candidates.
Meanwhile, the by-election on one provincial seat PB-5 Dukki and one National Assembly seat NA-258 were also held on Thursday.
All 23 polling stations of NA-258 and 75 of PB-5 had been declared highly sensitive.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019