PTI wins Senate by-election for two vacant seats from Punjab
PTI’s Waleed Iqbal won the polls on the general seat while Seemi Aizdi seized reserved seat for women.
The polling was started at the Punjab Assembly Building from 9 am to 4 pm without any break.
The ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has fielded Waleed Iqbal, the grandson of Allama Iqbal for the general seat, against the PML-N’s Chaudhry Saud Majeed of Bahawalpur while PTI has fielded Seemi Aizdi, the sister of PTI’s stalwart Jehangir Tareen against former minister for health Saira Afzal Tarar is the candidate of PML-N for a reserved seat of woman.
There were a total of four independent candidates.
Meanwhile, the by-election on one provincial seat PB-5 Dukki and one National Assembly seat NA-258 were also held on Thursday.
All 23 polling stations of NA-258 and 75 of PB-5 had been declared highly sensitive.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020