PTI wins Senate by-election for two vacant seats from Punjab
PTI’s Waleed Iqbal won the polls on the general seat while Seemi Aizdi seized reserved seat for women.
The polling was started at the Punjab Assembly Building from 9 am to 4 pm without any break.
The ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has fielded Waleed Iqbal, the grandson of Allama Iqbal for the general seat, against the PML-N’s Chaudhry Saud Majeed of Bahawalpur while PTI has fielded Seemi Aizdi, the sister of PTI’s stalwart Jehangir Tareen against former minister for health Saira Afzal Tarar is the candidate of PML-N for a reserved seat of woman.
There were a total of four independent candidates.
Meanwhile, the by-election on one provincial seat PB-5 Dukki and one National Assembly seat NA-258 were also held on Thursday.
All 23 polling stations of NA-258 and 75 of PB-5 had been declared highly sensitive.
- ‘Enough is enough,’ says China after Trump’s Covid-19 criticism11:33 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Senate body wants changes in accountability process of superior ...10:07 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Foreign delegates, diplomats & defence attachés back Pakistan's ...08:36 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Stolen assets of developing countries must be returned, PM urges world08:28 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Shehzad Roy and Faisal Qureshi are remaking ‘Alif Noon’03:47 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Sonu Nigam praises Sajjad Ali in latest Instagram post01:50 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- IN PICTURES: Ayeza Khan with her little sister12:49 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020