‘Baseless’: Saqib Nisar trashes ex-GB judge claims on keeping Nawaz, Maryam in jail
ISLAMABAD – Former chief justice of Pakistan Saqib Nisar rejected the allegations leveled against him by former Gilgit-Baltistan CJ Rana Shamim and termed them as ‘baseless’.
Nisar, who ordered the formation of a JIT in the Panama Papers case that led to the disqualification of PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif, said he didn't want to respond to the ‘plain lies’ of the ex justice Shamim.
He even added that the GB judge made the accusations as he didn’t approve his extension. Nisar responded after a story published by a leading daily claimed that former premier Nawaz and Maryam were kept in jail ahead of general elections on the orders of former CJP.
Nisar said, "At one point in time, Rana Shamim also complained to me about not getting the extension, it is not wise to respond to every lie”.
‘Saqib Nisar did not want ex-PM Sharif, Maryam ... 11:29 AM | 15 Nov, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Former top judge of Gilgit Baltistan made shocking revelations about ex-chief justice of Pakistan ...
Meanwhile, the former GB judge who leveled serious allegations said former CJP Saqib Nisar had no authority to extend his tenure. Speaking with a local media, he said that he would stick to everything he had said while adding that Nisar was a guest of his in Gilgit.
He went on to say that he could not say when and to whom the affidavit was given, but that the Supreme Courts of GB and AJK are not subordinate to the Supreme Court of Pakistan. It is the prerogative of the PM to give an extension to the CJ in the Supreme Court of Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir, he added.
Meanwhile, President of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and former Punjab CM Shehbaz Sharif also responded following the recent development.
Explosive news story by Ansar Abbasi peels off a thick layer of a grand scheme employed to target Nawaz Sharif & Maryam Nawaz. Allah has His own way of revealing the truth. It’s yet another vindication of Nawaz Sharif & Maryam in the court of public opinion. Alhumdulillah!— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) November 15, 2021
“Explosive news story by Ansar Abbasi peels off a thick layer of a grand scheme employed to target Nawaz Sharif & Maryam Nawaz. Allah has His own way of revealing the truth. It’s yet another vindication of Nawaz Sharif & Maryam in the court of public opinion. Alhumdulillah!”, he wrote on Twitter.
- PTA slaps Jazz with Rs30 million fine over poor network quality11:52 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- One dead, several injured as police baton-charge MQM-P protesters in ...11:23 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Indian-origin Google CEO booked over unauthorised uploading of ...10:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- ‘SDG Investment Report 2021’ – FM Qureshi unveils Pakistan’s ...10:21 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Gold price jumps Rs500 per tola in Pakistan09:40 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Rihanna donates $15 million to climate justice04:22 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Atif Aslam praises wife Sara's 'sense of style' for picking his PSL 7 ...08:50 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Feroze Khan gears up for his first English rap single03:26 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021