Turkey calls on world to unfreeze Afghanistan's foreign accounts
Turkey urged the world powers to unfreeze Afghanistan's foreign accounts immediately.
A high-level Afghan Taliban delegation held talks with Turkey's foreign minister in capital Ankara on Friday.
Talking to media after meeting with Taliban-appointed foreign minister Amir Khan Muttaqi, Turkish foreign minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said that Turkey had made suggestions concerning a more inclusive Afghan government as well as the education of girls under the Taliban rule.
He said during the talks the Taliban officials said they would give necessary support for Afghans wanting to return home.
Ealier, Afghan Foreign Ministry spokesman Abdul Qahar Balkhi said acting Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi and other ministers would meet senior Turkish officials to discuss issues of mutual interest including aid, migration, air transport and trade.
The visit comes days after the Taliban held first direct talks with US in Qatar since the withdrawal of foreign forces.
Taliban delegation arrives in Turkey for crucial ... 09:31 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
KABUL – A high-level Afghan Taliban delegation has arrived in Turkey’s capital Ankara to hold crucial ...
- Pakistan re-elected to top body of int'l chemical weapons watchdog03:51 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Parents of Michigan boy, arrested, charged with manslaughter in ...03:27 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- The Magic Man by vivo X70 Pro — Bringing Out the Best of Emotions03:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Saudi Arabia deposits $3bn in Pakistan's central bank02:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan reveals the type of husband she’s looking for10:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2021
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan sings UAE national anthem in Urdu08:35 PM | 3 Dec, 2021
- Ahsan Khan shares thoughts on acting as career for Bilawal Bhutto10:23 PM | 3 Dec, 2021