UN chief supports PM Imran's call for global initiative for debt relief amid COVID-19 outbreak
NEW YORK - UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has backed Prime Minister Imran Khan's call for a Global Initiative for debt relief to developing countries amid deadly coronavirus outbreak.
During a regular virtual press briefing in New York, the Spokesman of the UN Secretary General, Stephane Dujarric said that Imran Khan’s initiative is in the same spirit as the Secretary-General’s own position.
He said the UN Chief believes that debt relief must be an important part of the response to COVID-19, including immediate waiver on interest payments for the current year.
The spokesperson emphasized that the developing countries of the world should use their limited resources to fight the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
- Pakistan Army spox warns India of befitting response to any military ...09:46 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- PM Imran hails top spy agency’s sacrifices for Pakistan09:00 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- COVID19 – Here’s how PIA will bring back Pakistanis stranded in ...07:47 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Lea Michele apologises after ‘Glee’ co-star Samantha Ware accused ...07:21 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Mahira Khan, Armeena Rana and others demand justice for Zohra Shah05:10 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- I can’t return to Pakistan because people continue to ignore ...12:22 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020