UN chief supports PM Imran's call for global initiative for debt relief amid COVID-19 outbreak
NEW YORK - UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has backed Prime Minister Imran Khan's call for a Global Initiative for debt relief to developing countries amid deadly coronavirus outbreak.
During a regular virtual press briefing in New York, the Spokesman of the UN Secretary General, Stephane Dujarric said that Imran Khan’s initiative is in the same spirit as the Secretary-General’s own position.
He said the UN Chief believes that debt relief must be an important part of the response to COVID-19, including immediate waiver on interest payments for the current year.
The spokesperson emphasized that the developing countries of the world should use their limited resources to fight the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020