Investigation underway in issuing visa to deported US citizen: Interior Minister
Responding to a point of order of Member National Assembly (MNA) Dr Shereen Mazari in the National Assembly, the minister said action has likewise been held against the FIA official who committed negligence in granting entry to Matthew Barrett.
He pronounced that the official who identified him, was given appreciation and a cash award of Rs 100,000 while clarification was sought from DG Immigration and DG FIA.
He said that the American national was deported in 2011 from the country. Despite this, Matthew was issued a visa by the Pakistani Consulate in Houston within 24 hours, he added.
Nisar said that the Matthew Barrett didn’t fill many sections of the visa form while in some places he replied both ‘Yes’ and ‘No’. He added investigation was being carried on in this regard.
He said that deported American national, Matthew Barrett was arrested by security personnel in 2011 from Fatah Jang. He said his father-in-law who was a lawyer defended him in the Supreme Court but he was deported on the order of the Supreme Court.
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour09:35 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore09:10 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in South Waziristan IED explosion08:15 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022