Hum TV, ARY and Geo served warning by PEMRA over airing 'indecent content'
The notice stated PEMRA had sought an explanation from ARY Communications, the sole landing rights owner of HBO (Home Box Office), for being responsible for airing "indecent" content on April 10.
'جیو انٹرٹینمنٹ'، 'اے آر وائی کمیونیکیشنز' اور 'ہم ٹی وی' کو ناشائستہ مواد نشر کرنے پر پیمرا کا انتباہ pic.twitter.com/XwVCIci5Nj
— Report PEMRA (@reportpemra) August 15, 2017
After they reviewed the channel's response, the authority found the broadcast was against "provisions of the Electronic Media Code of Conduct 2015 as well as the socio-cultural norms and values of the country."
The authority, however, did not share details of the content, nor did it provide any specific information regarding the nature of the violation.
Apart from issuing a notice to ARY Communications, PEMRA also served a warning to Geo Entertainment with similar reservations over an episode of drama serial that aired on August 7. On condition of anonymity, a PEMRA official revealed that the said drama serial was Khali Haath.
Hum TV was also given a warning over the content of the May 21 episode of a drama serial; the PEMRA official revealed it to be Kitni Girhain Baaki Hain.
- Pakistan gets 1.55mn Chinese COVID vaccines amid shortage02:41 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Brazil becomes second country to pass half million Covid-19 deaths12:03 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- No Covid jabs in Sindh today amid vaccine shortage11:36 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani TikToker remanded in police custody over fraud with ...12:11 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Twitter slams Dhoop ki Deewar over 'problematic' storyline05:32 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021