India is behind terrorism in Pakistan: Nafees Zakaria
Speaking at the weekly news briefing in Islamabad on Thursday, Foreign Office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria said that Pakistan was biggest victim of terrorism
He also urged the international community to take notice of grave human rights violations in Occupied Kashmir, adding that Indian atrocities against Kashmiris were continuing unabated.
He said that India was also violating ceasefire on the Line of Control and Working Boundary resulting in loss of precious civilian lives. He said Pakistan has repeatedly lodged protest with Indian high commissioner.
He said that India desperately wants to divert the attention of world community from violence being committed in Occupied Kashmir by the Indian forces.
He urged the international community to play its role to permanently resolve the dispute of Kashmir in accordance with the UNSC resolutions, Radio Pakistan reported.
Responding to a question, the spokesman said that investigation was underway in Lahore bombing and some arrests have been made.
About Pakistan China cooperation in the context of CPEC and threats coming from India side, he said it is a regional economic development project and will prove beneficial for the entire region.
Nafees Zakaria also said that Indian defence build up was posed threat to regional security. “It is a matter of grave concern and endangering the peace in the region and disturbing the strategic balance.”
Talking about Pakistan, the spokesman said continuing instability in Afghanistan has created space for non-state actors and terrorist organizations to find their grip in that country. He said that Jamatul Ahrar which is based in Afghanistan claiming carrying out terrorist incidents in Pakistan. He said, “We have highlighted the issue of terrorist activities in Pakistan from across the border, besides urging the Afghan leadership to take necessary steps to address our issues."
- Ayaz Amir’s wife requests pre-arrest bail in daughter-in-law's ...01:49 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan’s ‘unstoppable' athletes clinch 13 medals at Mount ...01:24 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022