Aleem Khan moves LHC against FBR notice
LAHORE - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Abdul Aleem Khan has moved the Lahore High Court, challenging a notice by the Inland Revenue Department of the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
The billionaire politician had received a notice for recovery of income support levy, however, the PTI leader has petitioned that the recovery was a violation of different laws and the constitution.
Through his counsel, Aleem Khan pleads that it is up to the provincial social welfare department to work towards the welfare of the public and that the Inland Revenue Department has no authority to impose and recover a tax in the name of social protection after the 18th Amendment.
The lawmaker stats that the federal government does not have the authority to pass any legislation on the social welfare of the public at large.
The legislator has contended that the Income Support Levy Act 2013 was introduced for a period of one year which was not extended, arguing that the action of the FBR is a sheer violation of Article 73 of the Constitution.
He pleaded the court to declare recovery of the Income Support Levy by the Inland Revenue Department as void.
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 255,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,365 confirmed ...08:48 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- TCL Pakistan debuts expanded range of QLED TVs featuring Quantum ...08:37 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020