LHC issues stay order against Punjab govt's decision to impose sales tax on flour mills
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court (LHC) has issued a stay order against the Punjab government’s decision to impose sales tax on flour mills.
According to media details, Justice Shahid Karim conducted hearing on the petition filed by flour millers during which the claimants’ counsel argued that as per rules tax cannot be imposed on flour.
While requesting the LHC to nullify the Punjab government’s decision, he said that the government is forming committees to reduce flour price on the one side and imposed 17 percent sales tax on the other.
The LHC, while issuing stay order against imposing sales tax, approved the petition for hearing.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020