Malala Yousafzai's new outfit sparks debate
Malala Yousafzai started her studies at the prestigious Oxford University just days ago. She tweeted, “5 years ago, I was shot in an attempt to stop me from speaking out for girls’ education. Today, I attend my first lectures at Oxford.”
It all started with an unverified picture showing Malala sporting jeans, boots and dupatta, walking on the streets of London. In a matter of a very short time, people started shaming her for her distasteful attire. Hate from all around started pouring in as people judged her for her choice of clothes.
"How long till the scarf is off too?", one user said.
"journey from malala to oolala"
"Im not sure this is Malala or Famous innocent girl Mia aka burj Khalifa"
want a nobel prize and getting admission into Oxford University? Step 1: get shot :P #MalalaYousafzai. so much for women rights advocacy lol— Byhram Khan (@byhramkhan) October 10, 2017
However, despite the countless other rants like these, there was also a show of support for her.
"Leave her alone... She is the only Pakistani to address the Canadian Parliament and represent her faith.... More than you losers out there... Who are mere keyboard warriors.... Leave her alone."
"She is living in London and despite that she has duppata on her head..So dont make an issue a non issue..In Asia including india and pakistan many muslim women wear revealing clothes even living in conservative societies bt this girl,Malala,has atleast put duppata on her head in a country where there is no concept of duppata and hijab..So mind ur own business and let her live her life."
What #Malala wore in UK, is pretty common in Pakistan as well. Stop creating a fuss about it. Let others live their life, at least fir once.— Arsalan Ahmed Jaraal (@arsalanjaraal) October 15, 2017
#Malala was looking super chic in that picture.— Hina Safdar 🇵🇸 (@hinasafi) October 15, 2017
Shut up you all.
More power to you Malala. As this tweet sums up the controversy appropriately - what a woman wears is still more of a debate than issues which actually need attention in Pakistan.
A nation that doesn’t have enough electricity, food or water resources but it debates about what a woman should and shouldn’t wear. #Malala— Snober Abbasi (@snobers) October 15, 2017
Follow us: https://www.instagram.com/dailypakistandp/
- Budget 2021-22: PTI-led Punjab govt proposes 10% increase in ...05:34 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Punjab unveils Rs2,650b budget 2021-2205:12 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ‘No more free burgers’ – Top Punjab cop suspends DHA SHO, staff ...04:46 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Engin Altan aka Ertugrul’s selfie with wife wins the internet02:03 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021