Pakistan starts vaccinating people aged 50 plus from next week
ISLAMABAD – The government has decided to start administrating doses of vaccine against novel coronavirus to people in the age group of 50 to 59 from Wednesday.
The National Command and Operation Center took the decision in a meeting chaired by Minister for Planning and Development Asad Umar on Saturday.
In a tweet, the minister for planning once again asked the people to register themselves for the vaccination.
Decision taken in today's NCOC meeting to start vaccination of people in the age group of 50 to 59 from Wednesday the 21st of april. Would once again encourage everyone to register for the vaccination— Asad Umar (@Asad_Umar) April 17, 2021
Late March, Pakistan started the process of registration for coronavirus vaccination of elderly people ageing from 50 to 60.
Previously, the country was vaccinating healthcare workers and people over the age of 60 only. Pakistan is using the Sinopharm vaccine developed by China National Pharmaceutical Group.
Nearly 10,000 doses of CanSino Covid19 vaccine ... 11:34 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
KARACHI – At least 10,000 doses of single-dose Chinese vaccine Convidecia had arrived at Karachi Airport in the ...
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ...09:49 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Sialkot AC Sonia Sadaf held responsible for Firdous Awan’s outburst ...09:08 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pak-KSA cooperation will positively impact regional peace, COAS Bajwa ...08:44 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021