Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK
Riz Ahmed’s upcoming theatreshow is ready to get a world premiere in a one-off event presented by Manchester International Festival.
The Long Goodbye will see the actor and musician merge rap music with theatre and will be a “close-up look at the breakup of a toxic relationship with the country you call home”.
It also showcases a narrative element and has been described as “bracing and emotional”.
Ahmed said the show “takes us on a journey through our past to the current crossroads we face as a multicultural society”.
The artistic director and chief executive of MIF, John McGrath, said: “We are so pleased to be working with Riz Ahmed to premiere his new show [The Long Goodbye] in Manchester. Riz is an extraordinary and fearless artist and an increasingly important commentator and activist.”
Roz Ahmed will perform it for three nights at Manchester’s former railway station Mayfield.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- PAF C-130 aircraft carrying Zaireen from Dalbandin lands at Skardu ...01:36 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Indian troops kill three youth in IOK10:33 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- US Presidential election to be held on November 3: Trump09:46 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019