Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK
Riz Ahmed’s upcoming theatreshow is ready to get a world premiere in a one-off event presented by Manchester International Festival.
The Long Goodbye will see the actor and musician merge rap music with theatre and will be a “close-up look at the breakup of a toxic relationship with the country you call home”.
It also showcases a narrative element and has been described as “bracing and emotional”.
Ahmed said the show “takes us on a journey through our past to the current crossroads we face as a multicultural society”.
The artistic director and chief executive of MIF, John McGrath, said: “We are so pleased to be working with Riz Ahmed to premiere his new show [The Long Goodbye] in Manchester. Riz is an extraordinary and fearless artist and an increasingly important commentator and activist.”
Roz Ahmed will perform it for three nights at Manchester’s former railway station Mayfield.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Azam Swati’s farmhouses sealed over illegal construction09:44 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani forces kill four TTP militants in KP operation09:14 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 10 December 202208:24 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- ILT20: 24 UAE players announced for the inaugural edition01:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor hopes to work with Pakistani artists in future11:30 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022