Money for nothing: Indian woman ends life after neighbors humiliated her over Rs10 note
Her husband, Parshuram Shelar (30), lodged a complaint with the Chatushrungi police, maintaining that their son Rahul took Rs10 from home and was heading to a nearby grocery shop last week. Their neighbor accosted Rahul and snatched the Rs10 note.
The boy returned home and complained to his mother, Sundaramma. She decided to get back the money from her neighbors and left the house.
After this public humiliation, Sundaramma returned home and doused herself in diesel and lit a match to escape self-agony.
She was quickly shifted to a government-run hospital with critical burn injuries. She breathed her last on Sunday.
The neighbors - Harish Laxman Gaikwad (19) and a 35-year-old woman - were arrested thereafter. The police have booked a 12-year-old minor girl, too.
The police said her husband was a casual labourer and the family was very poor.
- Pakistan's Arshad Nadeem wins gold medal at Islamic Solidarity Games10:26 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Controversial writer Salman Rushdie stabbed in New York09:24 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Mansha Pasha and Ahmed Ali Akbar to star in 'The Idiots'08:25 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Popular YouTuber Nadir Ali blessed with a baby boy06:48 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022