Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes
ISLAMABAD - The Senate Committee on Interior Friday passed Mutual Legal Assistance (Criminal Matter) Bill 2020 unanimously.
The committee meeting, chaired by Rehman Malik, said that the bill had been passed keeping in view its importance and national interest of the country.
The National Assembly has already passed, "The Mutual Legal Assistance (Criminal Matters) Bill, 2019 with majority vote.
Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Azam Khan Swati assured the members of the committee that their amendments would be incorporated within 60 days.
According to objects and reasons of the Bill, "Increase in international organized crime has made it imperative for international community including Pakistan to improve effectiveness of legal instruments. Lack of uniformity in law and weak coordination mechanism between countries affect combating of crimes across borders. In order to overcome these challenges, legal cover is essentially required.
" Rehman Malik strongly condemned the ongoing Indian forces brutalities in Indian Occupied Kashmir and longest curfew in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
He said that the committee would continue to condemn the brutal curfew by Indian forces in occupied Kashmir and would express solidarity with people of Kashmir who were struggling for their legitimate right of self-determination under UNSC resolutions He also asked the government for taking steps to expose real face of Indian Prime Minister Modi at international level.
"World must be apprised about the brutality and cruelty being done by the Modi government in the IOJK," he added.
The Chairman also constituted a sub- committee headed by Senator Muhammad Javeed Abbasi to submit a comprehensive report regarding the encroachment operation being carried out at Kashmir Highway and other parts of the Federal capital.
- Price of High Speed Diesel reduced by Rs 2.40 per liter09:10 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan's nuclear, strategic capability safe and secure: PM Imran08:53 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- ECC raises electricity prices, gas meter rent11:41 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Mini smart lockdown imposed in parts of Karachi after Covid-19 spike10:44 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- First Pakistan-made bloodless dialysis machine to start functioning ...10:05 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020