UAE airline extends flight suspension from Pakistan until July 31
ABU DHABI – After Emirates, Etihad Airlines has also extended its flight suspension from Pakistan, Bangladesh, and India till July 31.
Reports in international media quoting officials of the second flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates said the extension in flight suspension by the authorities is due to the COVID pandemic.
“At the moment, the suspension to travel from Pakistan is till 31st of July and maybe extended,” the official handle of Etihad told a social media user from Pakistan asking about the cancellation of his Lahore-Abu Dhabi-Toronto flight which was scheduled on July 28.
At the moment, the suspension to travel from Pakistan is till 31st of July and may be extended. Should there be any changes to your reservation you will be notified. You may call our Contact Centre through the numbers provided in the link for assistance with your booking. *AJ— Etihad Help (@EtihadHelp) July 16, 2021
The diplomats, UAE nationals, or Golden Visa holders are exempted from the flight suspension. However, your PCR test, in this case, must be taken a maximum of 48 hours before your flight departure, it further added.
Earlier, the same airline informed the travelers that the flight suspension from the three countries to the UAE capital would be extended until July 21. The UAE's General Civil Aviation Authority has not announced an end date to the flight suspensions.
Emirates extends suspension of flights from ... 12:38 PM | 13 Jul, 2021
DUBAI – Emirates has extended the suspension of flights from Pakistan until July 21 in line with directives from ...
Meanwhile, a senior Emirates official told that the UAE authorities are constantly reviewing developments related to Covid-19 in India, Pakistan, and other countries.
“India and Pakistan routes are subject to government review and the development of the situation of the virus in those countries. We will wait to see what is coming up from the government. But there is a constant review of the development related to the Covid-19, not just to India and Pakistan, but across the globe,” the chief operating officer of Emirates, said in a virtual press briefing.
PIA all set to bring back stranded nationals from ... 03:35 PM | 5 Jul, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has announced repatriating Pakistanis stranded in different ...
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021