9 areas of Peshawar put under smart lockdown to control Covid-19 spread
PESHAWAR – The government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has imposed smart lockdown in nine areas of the provincial capital owing to fast spread of coronavirus in these areas and warned strict action against violators.
In the light of the government's instructions, the smart lockdown would remain intact for the next 14-day and all entry and exit points would remain closed in these areas, a notification issued here said.
It added that only general stores, pharmacies, Tandor and emergency services would remain open in the locked down areas.
The areas which were put under smart lockdown included Bijli Ghar, Dosehra Chowk, Jan Abad, Sheikh Maltoon Sector-A, Daman-e-Koh near Mazdoorabad, Tehsil Road Katlang Bazar, Gulbahar No 4 and Kohi Hassan Khel.
It said only five persons would be allowed to offer prayer at mosques and magistrate and police would be deployed, observe strict implementation of smart lockdown and take strict action against violators.
Punjab to impose ‘Smart Lockdown’ in 7 cities ... 10:12 AM | 17 Jun, 2020
LAHORE - The Punjab government has decided to impose lockdown in areas with potential coronavirus hotspots in seven ...
- Four Pakistan soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Housing minister Tariq Basheer Cheema tests positive for coronavirus08:26 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- New optical fibre cable operationalized from Khunjrab to Islamabad: ...07:39 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Indian troops kill another Kashmiri ahead of Martyrs’ Day06:59 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020