Lahore cleric booked for sexually abusing seminary student
LAHORE – JUI-F leader and former Jamia Asad ul Farooq cleric Mufti Aziz-Ur-Rehman has been booked under sections 377 and 506 for sexually abusing one of his teenage seminary students.
The complainant who hailed from Swat alleged that a 70-year-old religious cleric blackmailed him and another student after hurling false accusations about cheating in exams.
The FIR reads that Mufti Azizur offered the victim to have sexual relations with him if denied he threatened to terminate him from seminary. Adding that, he also informed the administration about the gruesome incident but nobody listened to him. It further added that he secretly filmed the cruel act as he got no other options to end the sexual assault.
The complainant also mentioned that he is getting life threats from the sons of the expelled cleric as some of the close acquaintances of Aziz chased him outside the seminary and uttered threats at him.
On Wednesday, a clip of Aziz surfaced all over social media in which he can be seen sexually abusing a madrasa student.
A video message was also making rounds on social media with the footage by the teary-eyed victim, in which he mentioned life threats after he exposes the cleric.
Soon after the incident, Mufti Aziz, whose membership has been suspended by his party, also shared his side of the story in a video clip.
Aziz has said that this video was made intentionally to defame him as the administrators of the religious seminary who were his pupils felt threatened that he might control the seminary.
He has the guts to shamelessly confess molestation & blame the video release on Madrassa politics - as if he did nothing wrong! Waiting for religious leaders to condemn this & take action or lose whatever credibility they may have left. #muftiazizurrehman pic.twitter.com/guHUCyMHZw— Taimur Malik (@taimur_malik) June 16, 2021
He also questioned the victim. ‘Where is my accuser? It has been two weeks since he was last seen. I was clearly drugged by this boy, he goes on to detail in the recorded statement.
After consultation, the Jamia administration based on the video advised him and his son to leave the campus. The seminary also announced that it would distance itself from any act or statement of the mufti.
Video of a cleric sexually abusing students at ... 11:43 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
A video showing a cleric sexually abusing one of his students at a seminary in Lahore has gone viral on social ...
- Pakistan’s Covid-19 positivity ratio surges to 4.61%11:17 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Petroleum dealers warns of countrywide strike over low profit10:48 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Muzaffar Ali Ranjha appointed chairman of Prime Minister’s ...09:59 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shoaib Akhtar shares unique view of Holy Kaaba09:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain share stunning pictures from vacation09:27 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022