17 dead, 150 injured as Jaffar Express derails in Bolan
Train driver, assistant driver and two Railways Police personnel were also among dead.
Accident happened when four bogies and engine of the train skid off from the railway line due to break-fail , on way to Rawalpindi.
Rescue team reached the site following derailment and rushed injured to hospitals in Bolan.
The teams were also joined by Pakistan army later on. Two MI17 helicopters and ambulances of frontier constabulary also participated in the operation.
Federal Minister for Railways Khawaja Sadd Rafiq has ordered an in-depth investigation into the tragedy.
- Pakistan gets 1.55mn Chinese COVID vaccines amid shortage02:41 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Brazil becomes second country to pass half million Covid-19 deaths12:03 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani TikToker remanded in police custody over fraud with ...12:11 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Twitter slams Dhoop ki Deewar over 'problematic' storyline05:32 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021