17 dead, 150 injured as Jaffar Express derails in Bolan
Train driver, assistant driver and two Railways Police personnel were also among dead.
Accident happened when four bogies and engine of the train skid off from the railway line due to break-fail , on way to Rawalpindi.
Rescue team reached the site following derailment and rushed injured to hospitals in Bolan.
The teams were also joined by Pakistan army later on. Two MI17 helicopters and ambulances of frontier constabulary also participated in the operation.
Federal Minister for Railways Khawaja Sadd Rafiq has ordered an in-depth investigation into the tragedy.
- PCB celebrates Babar Azam’s birthday in style (VIDEO)10:59 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Aqeel, Bilal, Amna win double crowns in Sapphire Open National Tennis10:40 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Cooking oil prices increased by up to Rs110 per litre in utility ...10:22 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021