Turkish firm Albayrak’s employee gunned down in Rawalpindi
RAWALPINDI - An employee of Turkish waste management firm Albayrak has died while another is in critical condition after being shot at in the wee hours of Friday near Data Ganj Baksh Road in Rawalpindi.
Karamat, 40, died on the spot from a gunshot wound to his neck, while Sagheer, 38, who was shot four times in his upper body, was admitted in Benazir Hospital in critical condition, the Dawn News reported on Friday.
Eyewitnesses told Sadiq Abad police that two unidentified men drove by on a motorbike, firing indiscriminately, which led the bystanders to run for cover, including a third employee of Albayrack who was present on the scene.
The incident took place at 5.30am, while the workers were sweeping the road.
Karamat's body was shifted to District Headquarters Hospital for an autopsy and was later taken to his family home Sheikhupura.
In June this year, another Albayrak employee Aashir Asif was murdered by unknown men in the same area. All of the employees that were shot belonged to the Christian community.
Police have termed the murders as targeted killing and claimed that the attack seems pre-planned.
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Huawei Nova 7i – The hottest selling secret weapon of mobile gamers06:05 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sri Lanka to reopen for tourism in August, with strict coronavirus ...05:27 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020