US refuses COVID-19 vaccine to Pakistan in first phase: reports
ISLAMABAD – The US has denied providing COVID-19 vaccine to Pakistan in first phase as the American pharmaceutical firm will meet the local requirement before exporting it to other virus-hit countries, it emerged on Wednesday.
Pakistani Mission in Washington got the disappointing response when it approached the officials to book vaccine for the country that is facing second wave of COVID-19.
The mission has informed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about the denial of the US, local media reported citing sources.
In a letter, it was stated that the Pakistani Mission in Washington and the health ministry are in contact with companies for advance booking of the vaccine.
‘VACCINE COMING SOON’ — Pfizer's Covid-19 ... 05:49 PM | 9 Nov, 2020
NEW YORK – In a major breakthrough, a coronavirus vaccine being developed by Pfizer Inc and BioNTech SE, US and ...
Pakistan contacted the US firms days after they announced the encouraging results of their vaccine candidates with Moderna claiming that its vaccine prevents 95% from COVID-19.
Pakistan approaches 2 pharma giants to pre-book ... 01:49 PM | 17 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday has approved pre-booking of the coronavirus vaccine after which ...
On Tuesday, Prime Minister Imran Khan approved pre-booking of the coronavirus vaccine after which the authorities have approached two manufacturers.
Parliamentary Secretary for Health Dr Nausheen Hamid confirmed that the government has shortlisted two major pharmaceutical companies for this purpose.
The payment for these purchases from international manufacturers will be made soon, she added.
The name of these two pharma companies is yet to be announced by the government.
Nearly 10 million Pakistanis will get the vaccine in the first phase. Frontline workers and senior people will be given priority.
- India refuses visas to Pakistan blind cricket team for T20 World Cup12:45 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not start for Portugal in match against ...12:25 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Achraf Hakimi helps Morocco knock Spain out of World Cup on penalties12:02 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan to hold next general election in October 2023 after digital ...11:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- The Legend of Maula Jatt now available for movie lovers in England10:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Bohemia beats Aima Baig in Go-karting08:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Man who stole Lady Gaga's dogs sentenced to 21 years in prison09:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022