PM Imran pays tribute to Azeri forces on Independence Day
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday extended wishes to Azerbaijan President Ilham Aliyev and the Azeri people on the country's Independence Day.
"We pay tribute to Azeri forces valiantly defending their territorial integrity," said the PM, referring to the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region.
PM tweeted "Pakistan stands with Azerbaijan in its quest to resolve Nagorno-Karabakh issue as per UN Security Council resolutions,".
I extend warmest felicitations to @presidentaz & fraternal people of #Azerbaijan on their Independence Day. We pay tribute to Azeri forces valiantly defending their territorial integrity.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) October 18, 2020
🇵🇰 stands with 🇦🇿 in its quest to resolve Nagorno-Karabakh issue as per UNSC resolutions
A day earlier, the foreign ministries of Armenia and Azerbaijan said they will declare a “humanitarian truce” from midnight, a second attempt of both sides to declare a ceasefire.
Armenia and Azerbaijan accused each other of violating the deal, 11 hours after agreeing to cease down in the Nagorno-Karabakh region.
Pakistan foreign spokesperson on Sunday said “We welcome the humanitarian truce agreed between Azerbaijan and Armenia to prevent a further humanitarian crisis. This is s a positive development for peace and stability. We hope that the humanitarian conditions agreed upon by the parties would be honoured completely,"
In a statement, the Foreign Office had asked the leadership of Armenia to halt its "irresponsible propaganda" and reiterated support for Azerbaijan's right to self-defence.
Earlier on Saturday, Pakistan had rejected a claim by Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan that Pakistani Special Forces were reportedly fighting alongside the Azerbaijani army as "baseless and unwarranted".
Armenian attack leaves 12 Azerbaijani civilians ... 01:10 PM | 17 Oct, 2020
BAKU – Azerbaijan and Armenia conflict escalated after 12 people were killed when the Armenian military fired ...
- Kashmiris call for civil curfew on Indian president's visit amid ...11:36 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- AJK Elections 2021: PTI takes lead as results pour in10:21 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Scottish climber feared dead while scaling K2 in Pakistan09:21 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Umrah pilgrims return to Makkah after Hajj 202108:33 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan face West Indies in 1st T20I on Wednesday; check out full ...07:47 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Burcu Kiratli’s new bold photos set internet on ...04:41 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video goes viral02:14 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- IN PICS: Hania Aamir steals the limelight at Aima Baig’s engagement12:15 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021