Remembering Shaukat Hussain Rizvi on 21st death anniversary
The 21st death anniversary of legendary film producer, director and actor, Shaukat Hussain Rizvi is being observed today. He passed away at the age of 85.
Born in India in 1914, Rizvi was married to popular singer and actor Noor Jehan.
The couple had three children together: Akbar Hussain Rizvi, Asghar Hussain Rizvi and a daughter Zil-e-Huma.
Rizvi first directed a film named Khandan starring Pran and Noor Jehan in the lead roles and it became a massive hit.
After moving to Pakistan, he directed many films including Naukar (1943), Dost (1944), Zeenat (1945), Jugnu(1947), Chanwey (1951), Gulnar (1953), Jaan-e-Bahar (1958).
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Police arrests over 30 demonstrators during protest against COVID-19 ...01:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020