VIDEO: Baby dolphin dies after beach-goers pull it for SELFIES
Huge crowds gathered around the small animal on the beach resort at Santa Teresita in Argentina after one man picked it up. But it appears it quickly overheated and died while out of the water.
It was still being passed around by the beachgoers after its death and was later left discarded in the sand, Sky News reported.
The dolphin was from the La Plata - also known as the Franciscana - variety, found off the coasts of Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil.
It is considered a "vulnerable" species because there are only about 30,000 left in the world.
The Argentine Wildlife Foundation later issued a reminder to the public of the mammal's extreme vulnerability, hoping it will prevent such a sad event again.
- Mexico vs Argentina, FIFA World Cup 2022: Live-streaming, Squads and ...11:08 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Karachi DHA shooter claims opening fire on cop in ‘self-defence to ...10:42 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Punjab announces winter vacations schedule for schools10:12 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Pakistan, Turkiye vow to boost bilateral trade to $5bn within three ...09:44 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Islamabad's red zone sealed as PTI all set for 'final showdown' in ...09:18 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Hassan Ahmed reacts to wife Sunita Marshal's remarks from latest ...11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Hina Altaf reveals why she married Agha Ali10:46 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- What's cooking between Ramsha Khan and Ahad Raza Mir?08:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022