PML-N’s Saira Afzal Tarar recovers from coronavirus
LAHORE – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader and former federal health minister Saira Afzal Tarar recovered from coronavirus fourteen days after she contracted the infection.
Tarar had tested positive for coronavirus on June 5 and she had quarantined himself as a precautionary measures.
She had taken the test after developing symptoms and the results came back positive.
PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif and some other party leaders were also suffering from the virus. All have quarantined themselves at their houses.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 165,062, according to government data till Friday evening.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 3,229, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 61,383 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has reported the highest number of deaths, a total of 1,202, while Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 964 and 755 fatalities respectively. Islamabad has recorded 94 deaths; Balochistan 93; Gilgit Baltistan, 18; and Azad Kashmir, 15.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020