Pilots' vigilance saves two PIA planes from midair collision
KARACHI - Two planes of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) narrowly escaped collision when they came in front of each other at same altitude, local media reported.
The situation erupted due to fault in air traffic control system, however, the traffic controller immediately issued alert to the pilots.
The pilots reacting with vigilance avoiding the disaster and saved lives of several passengers and staff.
A flight PK-352 was heading towards Islamabad from Karachi while PK-785 was going to London from Islamabad.
More info to follow...
- Khusro, Hammad given new portfolios as PM Khan reshuffles federal ...07:18 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 128 Pakistanis stranded in Uzbekistan return via PIA special flight05:48 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 'Pakistan within three weeks to start manufacturing its own ...05:45 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- CM Buzdar orders all schools to slash fee by 20% for April & May04:50 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Salman Ahmad goes into self-quarantine after showing coronavirus ...03:49 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Danish Taimoor writes an appreciation note for the women in his life03:44 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- In rare address, Queen Elizabeth says UK 'we will succeed' in fight03:37 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019