Former FIA director Shahid Hayat returns to Karachi after recovery
Hayat was suffering from fever and had contracted double pneumonia while on a training course in Nairobi, Kenya.The officer had gotten seriously ill and had been put on a ventilator at a hospital in Kenya.
Hayat arrived in Karachi at 4am today via Emirates Airlines flight number 604 after a full recovery, FIA sources said.
The FIA official has had many high-profile cases to his credit. However, it was his involvement in the Mir Murtaza Bhutto murder case that kept him in the news for a long time.
Some high-profile cases whose investigation Hayat headed include the supervision of the probe into the Shahzeb murder case, which culminated in the successful custody of Shahrukh Jatoi.
Hayat was also leading the investigation into the fake degrees scandal involving Axact, in Karachi. He also supervised the investigation into the Abbas Town bombing and arrested several suspects.
- Pakistan gets $132 million debt relief from US amid flood crisis05:19 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Prize money for T20 World Cup 2022 announced05:01 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- TikTok star Alishbah Anjum flaunts a dazzling transformation in new ...04:47 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussayn’s new bold photos go viral03:24 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022