Afghanistan bag maiden U19 Asia Cup title after beating Pakistan
In the tournament's fourth edition, Pakistan U-19 team won the toss and offered Afghanistan to bat first. In 50-over game, Afghanistan lost 7 wickets and set a target of 249 runs for the Pakstani team.
The Afghan team took an aggressive start as batsman Ikram Faizi remained not out after scoring 107 runs while opener Rahman Gul made 40 runs.
Other batsmen Ibrahim Zadran made 36 runs, Darwish Rasooli 18 runs, Nisar Wahdat 7 runs, Tariq Stanikzai 5 runs, Qais Ahmad 14 runs, Navid Obaid 2 runs, and Abdul Wasi remained not out after scoring 1 run.
Afghanistan's Mujib Zadran once again shined on the bowling side as it took four wickets restricting the Pakistani batsmen to 63 runs.
Pakistan on Thursday qualified for the final of Under-19 Asia Cup in Malaysia by beating Bangladesh in the first semi-final under Duck worth–Lewis (D/L) method.
- Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure12:35 AM | 29 Sep, 2021
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021