Father, daughter drown at Hawke’s Bay
KARACHI – A man and his teenage daughter drowned at Hawke’s Bay beach on Tuesday evening after strong waves swept away them into sea.
Reports said that the family had reached the beach for a picnic when the harrowing incident occurred.
18-year-old Maryam and 45-year-old Sohail Umar have lost their lives. The bodies were handed over to the family after medico-legal formalities, media reports said.
Incidents of drowning were repeatedly reported at Karachi beaches owing to poor safety measures by the authorities, it added.
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- KP judge suspended as Lower Dir woman comes up with rape, bribery ...10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021