Ramazan likely to start from April 24 in Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH - The Institute of Astronomy in Saudi Arabia said that the holy month of Ramazan is expected to be started in kingdom from April 24.
"The moon of Ramzan is likely to be seen on Thursday evening April 23 in Saudi Arabia, therefore the first fast is expected to be on Friday,” said the department head.
The conference, to be chaired by the Chief of the Hermann General Presidency Sheikh Dr Abdulrahman Al-Sadis, will be held today to discuss plans, arrangements and procedures related to the holy month of Ramzan.
Last week, the Kingdom announced that Taraweeh prayers during Ramzan will only be offered at home as the suspension of prayers at mosques will not be lifted until the eradication of the coronavirus.
There are 9,362 coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia while 97 people have died so far. The government has imposed a lockdown in the country by shutting markets, mosques, and other places to stem the spread of the infection.
- India’s first PM Jawaharlal Nehru’s statue vandalised by Hindutva ...11:02 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Leaked phone call allegedly between Malik Riaz and Asif Zardari goes ...10:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PropTech: the inevitable digitization of real estate in Pakistan10:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Hareem Farooq celebrates birthday in style06:22 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022