Ram Gopal Varma disappointed by Sanju, plans to make 'real' Sanjay Dutt biopic
As Hirani's film has been scrutinised and called an effort to whitewash Dutt's controversial image, RGV has vowed to not do the same. A source close to RGV told Mumbai Mirror, "Varma's film will focus only on his possession of the AK-56 rifle by the 59-year-old actor."
RGV has revealed that he will be making a biopic of Sanjay Dutt showing all the true events of the actor life. According to a source, RGV watched Sanju and loved it, but was disappointed with the manner it dealt with Dutt's struggle with drugs and his brush with the law.
"That Dutt was doing drugs, was traumatised by his mother's battle with cancer [she died just three days before the release of his first film Rocky], had multiple flings, many of them one-night stands, is all well documented," says the source, adding that people would like background information on the controversy which haunted Dutt for over two decades.
Varma's film will exhibit who threaten Dutt's family, and what spurred him to acquire the rifle that got him into trouble, and how the firearms were delivered to him. The director had started working on his upcoming project and is meeting Dutt's associates and police involved in actor's legal matters and investigation.
- Islamabad bans indoor dining due to virus surge02:52 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Islamabad court declares Nawaz Sharif a 'fugitive'02:41 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Realme “RACE” coming up with powerful, fast speed Qualcomm ...02:03 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- What happened in the night when the young man married a 20-year-old ...12:46 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Eighth Pakistani player tests positive for coronavirus, confirms PCB11:33 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020