IT minister backs Fawad Ch's tweet against PUBG ban in Pakistan
Syed Aminul Haque says he’s also against restrictions that could hamper any progress.
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhary has opened up against his government ban on popular online game, Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), as the country’s tech industry “cannot afford” it.
“Well I against all kinds of general bans, such attitude is killing tech industry we cannot afford such bans,” the minister said Sunday, in reply to a tweet by a social media user.
Well I against all kinds of general bans, such attitude is killing tech industry we cannot afford such bans, I hope concerned minister @SyedAminulHaque ll take note of this ban and PTA ll be instructed not to encourage such bans as it hinders tech growth in the long run https://t.co/GiEcFpbzDN— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) July 19, 2020
He also hoped that IT Minister Syed Aminul Haque will take note of this ban and Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) will be instructed not to encourage such bans “as it hinders tech growth in the long run.”
Agreeing with Fawad Chaudhary, the minister for Information Technology and Telecommunications said that he was also against restrictions that could hamper any progress.
Responding to his fellow minister’s tweet, Haque said that Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) doesn’t fall under his ministry. The authority is overseen by the Cabinet Division, he added.
پب جی گیم پر پابندی سے متعلق وفاقی وزیر انفورمیشن ٹیکنولوجی @SyedAminulHaque کا بیان:— Saad #TeamKU (@Saad_Hasib) July 19, 2020
پی ٹی اے، آئ ٹی منسٹری کے پاس نہیں۔
پی ٹی اے کو کیبنٹ ڈویثن دیکھتا ہے۔
پب جی گیم پر پابندی سے متعلق کیبنٹ ڈویثن ہی بتا سکتا ہے۔
ایسی پابندی کے خلاف ہوں جو کسی بھی ترقی میں رکاوٹ ہو۔#UNBANPUBG pic.twitter.com/qQmuri3R7a
The popular online game played by millions in Pakistan has been temporarily banned in the country. Multiple petitions have been filed against the ban.
- Kashmir will be free soon: PM Imran04:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020