PM Imran vows all out cooperation to overseas Pakistanis amid pandemic
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has expressed his government's resolve to extend all out cooperation to overseas Pakistanis in every possible way.
In a tweet yesterday, the prime minister said every Pakistani residing in any corner of the world is responsibility of the government.
Despite massive disruptions in global air travel, we have fulfilled our promise of bringing back stranded Pakistanis & our overseas workers.250,000 Pakistanis from around the world have been brought home. My govt will continue to support overseas Pakistanis in every way possible— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) July 18, 2020
According to official data, around 250,000 stranded Pakistanis were brought home from around 70 countries after they were stuck up there following the suspension of the flights operations following the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
About Covid-19 situation, Imran Khan said the policy of smart lockdowns across the country produced positive results as number of infections and deaths have decreased significantly.
He also acknowledged the role of doctors and paramedical staff for their unprecedented services during the crisis of coronavirus.
PM Imran also expressed satisfaction on the efforts of government to increase green cover in the country through plantation campaign.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020