Sindh spokesman Murtaza Wahab tests positive for COVID-19
KARACHI – The spokesperson for Sindh government, who has been spearheading the province’s fight against the novel coronavirus, has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Murtaza Wahab, in a statement Saturday, said he has put himself under quarantine after test results today came back positive.
Murtaza is the son of late PPP leader Fouzia Wahab, who had passed away in 2012.
Earlier this week, Wahab’s party colleague and Sindh women development minister Syeda Shehla had tested positive for the coronavirus, requesting people to pray for her recovery.
A week ago, PML-N President and Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif tested positive for coronavirus.
Former prime minister and senior PPP leader Yousuf Raza Gilani also tested positive for the coronavirus last week.
- TLP's long march turns into a sit-in as negotiations end in 'success'12:50 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill 16 terrorists in KP, Balochistan IBOs12:18 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Daughter of PM Imran’s wife Bushra Bibi ‘marries’ Pakistani ...11:50 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Pakistan face India in high octane game today11:20 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat responds to Tamgha-e-Imtiaz controversy09:55 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Ali Azmat clears the air after demeaning remarks regarding Madam Noor ...10:23 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Resham celebrates birthday in style with friends and family03:59 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021