US announces US$1 million for Pakistan to fight coronavirus
WASHINGTON – United States (US) Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs, Alice Wells said that the US will provide 1 million dollars to Pakistan under USAID programme to enhance monitoring and rapid response against novel Coronavirus.
In a tweet, she said that US and Pakistan both are longstanding partners in tackling global health challenges.
And the U.S. and #Pakistan are longstanding partners in tackling global health challenges. There are 100+ recent Pakistani graduates of @CDCgov's epidemiology lab training on the ground investigating #COVID19 cases in #GilgitBaltistan & #Punjab right now. AGW #Partners4Prosperity— State_SCA (@State_SCA) March 19, 2020
She further said that there are over hundred Pakistani graduates engaged in the lab training of Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, investigating Coronavirus cases in Punjab and Gilgit Baltistan.
- Chinese company donates traditional medicines to assist Pakistan ...12:24 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: Tiger tests positive for COVID-19 at New York zoo, first ...12:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- PIA pilots taken to Lahore hospital after testing positive for ...11:42 AM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistan reopens Torkham, Chaman borders with Afghanistan11:18 AM | 6 Apr, 2020
- US Navy captain fired for voicing virus concern tests positive10:11 AM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston gifts coronavirus-positive nurse a $10,000 ...04:28 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Nadia Jamil is in good health after her breast cancer surgery04:08 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- American singer Pink reveals she tested positive for coronavirus03:59 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019