PM Shehbaz says govt to present budget on June 10
KARACHI – Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Friday gave his approval to present the federal budget for the next fiscal year 2022-23 while interacting with the business community in Karachi.
Addressing the business community, the prime minister said that the Finance Bill for the next fiscal year will be presented on June 10.
PM Shehbaz asked businessmen to speak about their problems and also sought solutions to the economic woes being faced by the country.
Talking about rise in rates of the US dollar against the Pakistani rupee, the prime minister said, “When I took the oath on April 11, the rate of US dollar against the Pakistani currently was 189. The Rs60-65 increase in the rupee value against the greenback wasn’t the coalition government’s fault,” he said.
Criticising the previous government, the premier said that the previous government did not provide any relief to the people of Pakistan in the last four-and-a-half years.
“During the PTI’s tenure loans worth Rs22,000 billion were taken which shows an 80% increase from 2018,” he said, adding that “powerful echelons” in the country supported their “favourite” person.
He further added that if the PML-N government would have been given 30% of this support the economy would have flourished.
Imran says PTI's core committee to decide final ... 10:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Former prime minister Imran Khan said on Friday the core committee of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf ...
- US envoy calls on PM Shehbaz, reaffirms commitment to strengthen ...09:53 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- World's highest polo festival kicks off in Pakistan's Shandur09:16 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan, India exchange lists of prisoners, fishermen08:15 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Maya Ali faces backlash for wearing revealing dress05:10 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Ramsha Khan sparks outrage for praising Ahad Raza Mir07:00 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- SidNaaz fans left teary-eyed with Shehnaaz Gill’s throwback video06:40 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022