China promises 0.5 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Pakistan by 31st
ISLAMABAD – China has promised iron brother Pakistan to provide 0.5 million doses of its coronavirus vaccine without any charges by the end of this month, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said Thursday.
Addressing a presser after a phone call with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi, Qureshi announced that China offered Pakistan to airlift the vaccines.
The Foreign Minister added that on the direction of Prime Minister Imran Khan, he held a telephonic conversation with Beijing and updated them with current requirements.
"I want to give the nation the good news that Beijing has promised to immediately provide 500,000 doses of vaccine to Pakistan by January 31," he added.
Pakistan approves first COVID-19 vaccine for ... 07:07 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Drug Regulatory Authority has issued approval for emergency use of a vaccine, developed by ...
Working for the global public good, China had decided to assist Pakistan on a priority basis, keeping in view the strong bilateral relations, between the two countries.
Pakistan has been offered to airlift the vaccine as it would help in saving people's lives. Adding that, he informed Mr. Wang Yi that Pakistan's requirement is more than this, and it will need more than one million doses in the near future.
Qureshi referred that he was assured to get the desired numbers (1.1 million) by the end of February. He said that first cache of the vaccine is a grant from China to be provided to Pakistan free of cost as a goodwill gesture.
The foreign minister also said that China has also agreed to manufacture the Covid vaccine in Pakistan.
Later, Qureshi, 64, tweeted the development. He wrote “Always great to speak to my friend, His Excellency FM Wang Yi. With encouraging results of Chinese vaccine and our historic relationship, Pakistan has approved emergency use authorisation of SinoPharm. Indeed Pakistan greatly appreciates the 500,000 doses of the vaccine gifted by China.”
Always great to speak to my friend, His Excellency FM Wang Yi. With encouraging results of Chinese vaccine and our historic relationship, Pakistan has approved emergency use authorisation of SinoPharm. Indeed 🇵🇰 greatly appreciates the 500,000 doses of the vaccine gifted by 🇨🇳.— Shah Mahmood Qureshi (@SMQureshiPTI) January 21, 2021
- Hundreds of Indian devotees contract COVID-19 at Kumbh festival06:00 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- In world first, New Zealand to roll out climate change law05:40 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Rangers deployed in Punjab districts amid violent TLP protests05:22 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- US state secretary discusses Afghanistan drawdown plan with Pakistan ...05:11 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Fakhar Zaman, Shaheen Afridi reach career-best ODI rankings04:51 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Sami Khan tests positive for COVID-1903:05 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Atif Aslam set to release a new naat this Ramadan03:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Saba Qamar spends quality time with family post her breakup02:01 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021