Pakistani teen invents internet-enabled geyser
ISLAMABAD – A Pakistani boy has invented a water heater (geyser) that runs on gas and is Internet-of-Things (IoT)-enabled, saving up to 50% energy.
Huzair Awan, the 14-year-old IT genius who already holds the record for the youngest Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), is behind the invention. He says the geyser is controlled by two sensors – one produces an electric spark to ignite the flame while the other monitors the temperature and controls the flow of gas.
When the desired temperature is set in the geyser, it flames up and heats water until it reaches the set temperature. The flame is ignited again when the water temperature drops below the required entry.
Awan, who is also a public speaker, says the prototype was an experiment to see if the idea could work. He says it has the potential for commercial production.
Awan had made history when he broke Arfa Kareem’s record when he cleared the MCITP exam at the tender age of seven.
Pakistani student wins big for pain-free ... 05:40 PM | 19 Nov, 2020
KARACHI – A student of Agha Khan University (AKU) did Pakistani nation proud by bagging the Global Pediatric ...
- PSL6, Match 6 - Islamabad United beat Karachi Kings by 5 wickets10:53 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- COVID-19 – Pakistan announces to allow indoor dinning, weddings in ...10:01 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Twitteratis react after world’s largest stadium renamed after ...09:37 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Karachi Kings’ Babar and Sharjeel set highest opening partnership ...08:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Hassan Ali and Chris Gayle shake a leg on the Googly Challenge04:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Indian TikToker turns out to be Shoaib Akhtar’s doppelgänger02:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Shaniera Akram reminds netizens to 'Pawri' with their masks on02:30 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021