World's longest serving ambassador Jamshed Marker dies at 95
Sad news - Ambassador Jamshed Marker passed away today. A great man and a great Pakistani - remembering the famous cricket commentaries with Omar Qureshi and his superb role as our Envoy. All from a bygone era.— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) June 21, 2018
Representing Pakistan for more than three decades, Jamshed reached the peak of his career during Zia regime. During that period he was appointed one after the other as ambassador to Bonn, Paris and Washington DC.
He was awarded the Sitara-i-Quaid-e-Azam and Hilal-e-Imtiaz for the longest and dignified career representing the homeland.
He was also very fond of cricket and was the commentator for the sport before his career as a diplomat. Even after becoming the ambassador and high council for Pakistan to many countries he kept his interest in the sport.
His memoirs are penned down in the book named “Quiet Diplomacy”, which tells the whole story of his career and life.
The veteran ambassador was fluent in English, Urdu, Gujarati, French, German and Russian. Markar used to be a radio cricket match commentator.
- Ace Junior League inaugural match tees off today04:26 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- ‘Khalistan-Pakistan Zindabad’ slogans in Aam Admi Party ...04:03 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan issues fresh travel advisory for domestic, international ...03:22 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...03:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Inside Ali Fazal and Richa Chadha’s vibrant Mehandi, Sangeet ...11:28 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Did Feroze Khan refuse to pay Rs200,000 child support to ex-wife?11:05 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022